Earth Day Recipes for Clean Plant Based Nom Nom Nom
🌏Happy Earth Week🌏!
I was asked by my friends over at http://waterwellnessproject.ca/ to share a meat free meal in celebration of our Earth Day and Week 2017. ALthough I am not full vegetarian myself, I try to eat a Plant Based diet whenever possible for environmental purposes. Did you know that raising animals for food produces more greenhouse gases cars, planes, and other forms of transportation combined?
- 3 lbs Yukon potatoes sliced
- 2 medium leeks sliced
- 2 shalllots
- 1 TBSP Olive oil
- 1 TBSP each of Thyme, Mustard Powder, Tarragon and Herbs de Provence
- 2 cans of Cannellini Beans
- 5 cups of vegetable broth
- Sautée leeks & shallots until soft in a large pot with the oil, about 5 minutes.
- Add in herbs cook for a minute.
- Throw the potatoes beans broth and salt & pepper to taste.
- Boil , cover, reduce heat to low and simmer until potatoes are fork tender.
- Let cool before serving.
Next Up for Plant Based and Super Food Pilates Breakfast Fuel are Protein Bars! And don't worry they are sooooo easy to make.
If you have been looking for a delicious nutritious way to start your day why don't you try these homemade protein bars! They are a fraction of the cost of buying them and you can pronounce all of these ingredients. I'm loving how I feel when I eat these before Pilates class, follow along and try for yourself.
- 1/2 cup Natural Peanut butter (We used Sprouts)
- 2 Tablespoons Coconut Oil
- 2/3 Cup Powdered Peanut Butter
- 1 Cup Trader Joe's Steel Cut Oats
- 1/3 Cup Organic Local Honey
- 2 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
- 2 Tablespoons Cacao Nibs
- 1/3 cup shredded Coconut Flakes (unsweetened)
1. First, you must heat the Honey, Peanut Butter and Coconut Oil under low heat in a small pan. 2. Once they are blended and smooth, transfer the mixture into a mixing bowl as shown above.
3. Then, as pictured, fold in the POWDERED Peanut Butter....
Then add the oats and just keep blending and mixing....
Once its smooth add in the Chia Seeds and of course those Cacao Nibs (Cacao contains caffeine so watch if you are sensitive) and then the Coconut Flakes....
Once it is all together and blended...
Cut into ten pieces. Keep refrigerated until ready to eat. Enjoy!
If you want more delicious Plant Based Smoothie recipes, plus more sign up for my Free E-Book here